Whom We Serve
Arts Commission Coordinators and Program Directors serve as liaisons and resources for artists, schools, citizens and businesses, government and organizations.
- Each county is assigned to an arts coordinator who is available to assist:
- individual artists,
- community arts organizations,
- educational institutions,
- and local communities and non-arts businesses or groups therein.
- Program directors are responsible for management of education and community arts programs created and served by the commission.
Para información en español, manda un email a email@example.com.
S.C. Arts Commission County Coordinators are responsible for providing assistance to the artists and organizations (including businesses and educational institutions) within their assigned region of counties in South Carolina.
Coordinator Name & Email
|Abbeville||See note below||803.734.8696|
|Calhoun||See note below||803.734.8696|
|Cherokee||See note below||803.734.8696|
|Chesterfield||Ashley Kerns Brown||803.734.8630|
|Clarendon||Ashley Kerns Brown||803.734.8630|
|Darlington||Ashley Kerns Brown||803.734.8630|
|Dillon||Ashley Kerns Brown||803.734.8630|
|Florence||Ashley Kerns Brown||803.734.8630|
|Greenwood||See note below||803.734.8696|
|Marion||Ashley Kerns Brown||803.734.8630|
|Marlboro||Ashley Kerns Brown||803.734.8630|
|McCormick||See note below||803.734.8696|
|Newberry||See note below||803.734.8696|
|Williamsburg||Ashley Kerns Brown||803.734.8630|
Note: Constituents in Abbeville, Calhoun, Cherokee, Greenwood, McCormick, and Newberry counties are asked to call the S.C. Arts Commission receptionist on duty for assistance in reaching the coordinator on call: 803.734.8696 (dial “0” when prompted).
As new coordinators join our team in coming weeks, county assignments are expected to realign to provide constituents across the state the most efficient and effective service.
- Executive Director
- Deputy Director
- Afternoon Receptionist
- Visual Arts Program Assistant
Ashley Kerns Brown
- Arts Education Director
- County Coordinator for Chesterfield, Clarendon, Darlington, Dillon, Florence, Marion, Marlboro, and Williamsburg counties
Julia M. Brown-DuBose
- Coordinator for Accessibility
- Executive Director of Arts Access South Carolina
- Community Arts Development Director
- County Coordinator for Allendale, Bamberg, Barnwell, Beaufort, Berkeley, Charleston, Colleton, Dorchester, Hampton, and Jasper counties
- Interim County Coordinator for Orangeburg County
- Local Arts Agency Liaison
- Administrative Assistant
- Morning Receptionist
- Coordinator for Executive, Program & Department Support
- Procurement Officer
- Program Director for Visual Arts
- County Coordinator for Anderson, Lancaster, Lee, Kershaw, Oconee, Pickens, Sumter, and York counties
- Interim County Coordinator for Greenville and Spartanburg counties
Laura Marcus Green, Ph.D.
- Program Director for Folklife & Traditional Arts
- Information Technology Director
- Grants Coordinator
- County Coordinator for Aiken, Edgefield, and Saluda counties
- Interim County Coordinator for Lexington, Horry, and Georgetown counties
Ann H.N. McBride
- Coordinator for Program & Project Support
Victoria P. McCurry
- Human Resources & Facilities Director
- Arts Education Assistant
- Manager of Grants and Communications
- County Coordinator for Chester, Fairfield, Laurens, and Union counties
Jason L. Rapp
- Communications Director
- Program Director for South Carolina Cultural Districts
- Interim County Coordinator for Richland County
- Program Assistant for the Art of Community: Rural SC Initiative
- Program Coordinator for Poetry Out Loud
The Arts in Basic Curriculum (ABC) Project is a collaborative effort funded by the Arts Commission, the S.C. Department of Education, and Winthrop University.
Dr. Kim Wilson
- Executive Director
105 McLaurin Hall
Rock Hill, SC 29733
S.C. Folklife & Traditional Arts
Dr. Laura Marcus Green
- Program Director
S.C. Arts Commission
University of South Carolina
816 Bull St.
Columbia, SC 29208