|Search This Site >>
Skip to Main Page Content
Be Driven by the Arts
Why Arts Matter
Arts in Education
Local Arts Agencies
Dates & Events
Arts & the Economy
Long Range Plan
Work by SC Artists
For Vacationers/ Visitors
Services & Programs
SC Arts Commission Grants Programs
What is an OSS grant?
Operating Support for Small Organizations (OSS) grants provide unrestricted operating support funding for small arts organizations in South Carolina.
Who can get one?
South Carolina nonprofit arts organizations who
- had a total expense budget that does not exceed $75,000 for the last completed fiscal year
- have completed at least one fiscal year of programming.
How much could I get?
Up to $2,500.
When is the deadline to apply?
February 1 for funding beginning July 1
How do I apply?
- Read the grant guidelines carefully.
- Contact your coordinator if you have questions or want to discuss your application.
- Complete and submit your online application. (Be sure to give yourself plenty of time.)
What happens next?
A panel of S.C. Arts Commission staff and management will review the applications and recommend funding to our Board of Commissioners. Once the Board approves the awards (usually in June), we’ll post the results on our website.
If I get an OSS grant, what will I need to do?
- Sign a contract and complete other paperwork we’ll mail to you in the fall.
- Meet the required deadlines and keep good records.
- Credit your funders, and communicate with your state legislators.
- Participate in assessments if we ask.
- Let us know if anything changes.
- Report on how your year went.
If I have questions, who can help?
The S.C. Arts Commission coordinator for your county. Visit our Staff Directory to learn exactly who to contact, and how.