|Search This Site >>
Skip to Main Page Content
Be Driven by the Arts
Why Arts Matter
Arts in Education
Local Arts Agencies
Dates & Events
Arts & the Economy
Long Range Plan
Work by SC Artists
For Vacationers/ Visitors
Services & Programs
S.C. Arts Commission Arts in Education Grants
What is an ABC grant?
ABC Advancement grants support schools and districts committed to implementing standards-based arts curricula and to making the arts an integral part of the basic curriculum and daily classroom instruction.
Who can get one?
South Carolina schools and school districts. Applicants must have a 5-year strategic arts plan and an arts steering committee.
How much could I get?
Up to $15,000 per year for schools; up to $25,000 per year for districts.
When is the deadline to apply?
Please note: You must START your application no later than November 15.
ABC sites, once approved, apply every three years.
How do I apply?
Note: Current (FY19) ABC grantees have been divided into three groups, which means that current grantees only need to submit an ABC application once every three years. Please refer to the FY19 ABC Advancement Grant Awards page to identify your group.
- If you are listed as Group B, you must apply by the January 15, 2019 deadline for FY20-22 funding.
- Applications will only be accepted from Group B grantees. All other current grantees (Group A and Group C) cannot submit an application at the
January 2019 deadline.
- Current Group C Grantees will next apply in January 2020 for FY21-23 funding.
- Current Group A Grantees will next apply in January 2021 for FY22-24 funding.
- Read the grant guidelines carefully.
- Follow the guidance of ABC Project and Arts Commission staff to complete and submit your online application. (This is an extensive application; be sure to give yourself plenty of time.)
What happens next?
- A panel of S.C. arts educators will review and rate the applications.
- Based on those ratings and the available funding, S.C. Arts Commission staff and management will recommend grant award amounts to our Board of Commissioners.
- Funding for the upcoming school year is tentatively announced in May and confirmed in June. Applicants will receive notification of the tentative and finalized awards, which will also be posted on our website.
If I get an ABC grant, what will I need to do?
- Begin your work and track your income and expenses as of July 1.
- Complete the contract requirements.
- Meet the required deadlines and keep good records.
- Credit your funders, and communicate with your state legislators.
- Participate in assessments if we ask.
- Let us know if anything changes.
- Complete your school year and report on how it went.
If I have questions, who can help?
Your S.C. Arts Commission county coordinator.
Last updated: 10/17/2018