General Operating Support (GOS) Grants
The application deadline for FY24 funding has passed
To help strengthen arts organizations that bring ongoing arts experiences and services to individuals, communities, and other organizations throughout the state.
S.C. nonprofit organizations and units of government, who either have a primary mission focused on the arts, serve as the primary arts provider in their community, or provide ongoing arts programming in their community.
No pre-set range
July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024
GOS Grantee Groups
Current General Operating Support (GOS) grantees have been split into three groups, to reapply once every three years. If you are a current GOS grantee and do not know your Group number, please contact the Grants Team (803.734.8695 | email@example.com).
These guidelines are for use by eligible applicants for FY24 funding.
FY23 Operating Support grantees
- FY23 grantees in GOS Group 2 may apply for a new funding cycle using the application available November 15, 2022.
- FY23 grantees in GOS Groups 1 and 3 will continue their existing funding cycle in FY24. An FY24 grant contract will be issued upon approval of the grantee’s FY23 Final Report, due in August 2023.
- Organizations who are not FY23 operating support grantees may apply for FY24 operating support funding. The application will be available November 15, 2022; the submission deadline is February 15, 2023.
Grant guidelines are subject to change until application opens.
About This Grant
To help strengthen arts organizations that bring ongoing arts experiences and services to individuals, communities, and other organizations throughout the state via three (3) years of unrestricted support for basic operations for applicants ranging from emerging to established arts organizations with primary missions involving these artistic functions:
- and/or education.
How to Apply
PLEASE NOTE: You are urged to consider the Review Criteria (detailed in the “Review Process” section of these guidelines, under “After You Apply”) as you prepare your application materials. These criteria will be used to evaluate your application and determine the funding of your proposal.
Applications are accepted through our grants portal, which uses the Foundant platform.
New to Foundant? For frequently asked questions, registration instructions, and other helpful information, we highly recommend visiting the Grants Portal FAQ, before you begin working in the system.
The initial application will take time to complete, so we strongly advise you to begin well in advance of the deadline. The online application is opened each year at least one month in advance for the upcoming deadline.
(Available to FY23 GOS Group 2 grantees and new applicants November 15, 2022.)
Not quite ready to apply? You can preview the application before you create an account or start an application.
After You Apply
I’m Here to Help!
- If you are seeking advisement, please contact Arts Industry Director La Ruchala Murphy (803.734.8762 | firstname.lastname@example.org) before submitting an application.
- If you have submitted an application, and/or you have a current grant, please contact the Grants Team (803.734.8695 | email@example.com).
We also highly recommend a visit to our Grants Coaching webpage, for
- open coaching calls for artists,
- category-specific information for grant applicants,
- topic sessions, and
- opportunities for one-on-one assistance.
Missed a group call or session? Look for the video link to access a recording of that presentation.