Term Arts Education Project Grants
This application deadline has passed
To support arts education programs for K-12 students during the school term (including beyond the school day), through both traditional and non-traditional providers
Most S.C. nonprofit organizations (arts & non-arts), colleges and universities, and units of government
Up to $30,000 (up to $15,000 per term)
July 2023-May 2024 & July 2024-May 2025
About This Grant
These grants support quality arts education programs for K-12 students during the school term (including beyond the school day), through both traditional providers (arts organizations) and other organizations (e.g., social service, health, community, education) that utilize the arts to meet the educational, developmental, and social needs of K-12 students. This two-year grant supports projects occurring during the school terms 2023-2024 and 2024-2025. For the purposes of this grant, a term is defined as one academic year.
- Expand student access to arts education opportunities; and
- Complement, augment, or advance standards-based arts instruction or arts integration aligned with school curriculum; and
- Be focused on or include significant components of quality instruction and/or experiences in the visual arts, performing arts, media arts, design arts, folk and traditional arts, and/or creative writing; and
- Address South Carolina’s 2017 College and Career Ready Standards for Visual and Performing Arts Proficiency.
How to Apply
Applications are accepted through our grants portal, which uses the Foundant platform.
New to Foundant? For frequently asked questions, registration instructions, and other helpful information, we highly recommend visiting the Grants Portal FAQ, before you begin working in the system.
PLEASE NOTE: You are urged to consider the Review Criteria (detailed in the “Review Process” section of these guidelines, under “After You Apply”) as you prepare your application materials. These criteria will be used to evaluate your application and determine the funding of your proposal.
After You Apply
I’m Here to Help!
- If you are seeking advisement, please contact Arts Learning Director Kimberly Washburn Motte (803.734.8694 | firstname.lastname@example.org) before submitting an application.
- If you have submitted an application, and/or you have a current grant, please contact the Grants Team (803.734.8695 | email@example.com).
We also highly recommend a visit to our Grants Coaching webpage, for
- open coaching calls for artists,
- category-specific information for grant applicants,
- topic sessions, and
- opportunities for one-on-one assistance.
Missed a group call or session? Look for the video link to access a recording of that presentation.