Term Arts Education Project Grants
The application deadline for FY23 funding has passed.
To support arts education programs for K-12 students during the school term, through both traditional and non-traditional providers
Most S.C. nonprofit organizations (arts & non-arts), colleges and universities, and units of government
Up to $30,000 (up to $15,000 per term)
July 2022-May 2023 & July 2023-May 2024
About This Grant
The purpose of the Term Arts Education Project Grant from the South Carolina Arts Commission (SCAC) is to support quality arts education programs for K-12 students during the school term, through both traditional providers (arts organizations) and other organizations (e.g., social service, health, community, education) that utilize the arts to meet the educational, developmental, and social needs of K-12 students. This two-year grant supports projects occurring during the school terms 2022-2023 and 2023-2024. For the purposes of this grant, a term is defined as one academic year.
- Expand student access to arts education opportunities; and
- Complement, augment, or advance standards-based arts instruction or arts integration activities delivered to students during the course of the school day curriculum; and
- Be focused on or include significant components delivering quality instruction and/or experiences in the visual arts, performing arts, media arts, design arts, folk and traditional arts, and/or creative writing; and
- Address South Carolina’s 2017 College and Career Ready Standards for Visual and Performing Arts Proficiency.
How to Apply
Applications are accepted through our grants portal, which uses the Foundant platform.
New to Foundant? For frequently asked questions, registration instructions, and other helpful information, we highly recommend visiting the Grants Portal FAQ, before you begin working in the system.
PLEASE NOTE: You are urged to consider the Review Criteria (detailed in the “Review Process” section of these guidelines, under “After You Apply”) as you prepare your application materials. These criteria will be used to evaluate your application and determine the funding of your proposal.
After You Apply
I’m Here to Help!
- If you are seeking advisement, please contact Arts Learning Director Kimberly Washburn Motte (803.734.8694 | email@example.com) before submitting an application.
- If you have submitted an application, and/or you have a current grant, please contact the Grants Team (803.734.8695 | firstname.lastname@example.org).
We also highly recommend a visit to our Grants Coaching webpage, for
- open coaching calls for artists,
- category-specific information for grant applicants,
- topic sessions, and
- opportunities for one-on-one assistance.
Missed a group call or session? Look for the video link to access a recording of that presentation.