Summer Arts Education Project Grants
This application deadline has passed.
To support arts education programs for K-12 students between school years, through both traditional and non-traditional providers
Most S.C. nonprofit organizations (arts & non-arts), colleges and universities, and units of government
Up to $50,000 ($25,000 per summer)
Summer 2022 & Summer 2023
About This Grant
The purpose of the Summer Arts Education Project Grant from the South Carolina Arts Commission (SCAC) is to support quality arts education programs for K-12 students between school years, through both traditional providers (arts organizations) and other organizations (e.g., social service, health, community, education) that utilize the arts to meet the educational, developmental, and social needs of K-12 students. This two-year grant supports projects occurring during the summers of 2022 and 2023.
- Expand student access to arts education opportunities; and
- Complement, augment, or advance standards-based arts instruction or arts integration activities delivered to students during the course of the school day curriculum; and
- Be focused on or include significant components delivering quality instruction and/or experiences in the visual arts, performing arts, media arts, design arts, folk and traditional arts, or creative writing; and
- Address South Carolina’s 2017 College and Career Ready Standards for Visual and Performing Arts Proficiency.
How to Apply
Applications are accepted through our grants portal, which uses the Foundant platform.
New to Foundant? For frequently asked questions, registration instructions, and other helpful information, we highly recommend visiting the Grants Portal FAQ, before you begin working in the system.
PLEASE NOTE: You are urged to consider the Review Criteria (detailed in the “Review Process” section of these guidelines, under “After You Apply”) as you prepare your application materials. These criteria will be used to evaluate your application and determine the funding of your proposal.
Not quite ready to apply? You can preview the application before you create an account or start an application.
After You Apply
- If you are seeking advisement before submitting an application, please contact Arts Learning Director Kimberly Washburn Motte (803.734.8694 | firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you have submitted an application, and/or you have a current grant, please contact the Grants Team (803.734.8695 | email@example.com).
We also highly recommend a visit to our Grants Coaching webpage, for
- New Grant Requirement: Moving from DUNS number to Unique Entity ID (UEI)
- open coaching calls for artists,
- category-specific information for grant applicants,
- monthly topic sessions, and
- opportunities for one-on-one assistance.
Missed a group call or session? Look for the “Video” link to access a recording of that presentation.