4K Arts Integration Grants
Apply now through Monday, March 4, 2024
To help 4K CERDEP providers offer arts-integrated experiences for students alongside professional learning opportunities for teachers to use the arts to increase kindergarten readiness.
S.C. First Steps & S.C. Dept. of Education Childhood Early Reading and Development Education Program (CERDEP) 4K providers
Up to $2,000 per fiscal year
September 25, 2023 – May 15, 2024
1:3 (grantee:SCAC); no match for qualifying providers (see note)
About This Grant
These grants help CERDEP preschool providers offer arts-integrated experiences for students and professional learning opportunities for teachers to use the arts to increase kindergarten readiness.
Projects may be considered to increase kindergarten readiness by:
- building connections between the arts and other subject areas in a meaningful
- providing artist-in-residence experiences for students that include professional learning for teachers
- supporting teachers in implementing projects based on professional learning in arts integration
- addressing gaps in arts access that have previously impeded learning in the classroom
Although there is not one singular definition for arts integration, the SCAC finds that the Kennedy’s Center’s comprehensive definition of Arts Integration is a worthy model. To read more how their definition has evolved, please visit their website and read “What is Arts Integration?”
Grant guidelines are subject to change until applications open.
How to Apply
Applications are accepted through our grants portal, which uses the Foundant platform.
New to Foundant? For frequently asked questions, registration instructions, and other helpful information, we highly recommend visiting the Grants Portal FAQ, before you begin working in the system.
After You Apply
I’m Here to Help!
- If you are seeking advisement, please contact Arts Learning Director Kimberly Washburn Motte (803.734.8694 | firstname.lastname@example.org) before submitting an application.
- If you have submitted an application, and/or you have a current grant, please contact the Grants Team (803.734.8695 | email@example.com).
We also highly recommend a visit to our Grants Coaching webpage, for
- category-specific information for grant applicants,
- topic sessions, and
- opportunities for one-on-one assistance.
Missed a group call or session? Look for the video link to access a recording of that presentation.