Operating Support for Small Organizations (OSS) Grants
The application deadline for FY23 funding has passed.
To help strengthen small organizations' ability to bring ongoing arts experiences and services to individuals, communities, and other organizations throughout the state
SC nonprofit organizations & units of government with a total arts expense budget of $75,000 or less and at least one completed fiscal year of programming
Up to $2,500 per year
July 1, 2022-June 30, 2023
OSS Grantee Groups
Current Operating Support for Small Organizations (OSS) grantees have been split into two groups, to apply in alternate years. If you are a current OSS grantee and have not received your Group number by email, please contact the Grants Team (803.734.8695 | email@example.com).
FY22 Operating Support Grants
Due to limited funds, SCAC is not accepting new applications for FY22 operating support grants.
All FY21 OSS grantees will be issued contracts for FY22 upon approval of their FY21 Final Report.
FY23 Operating Support Grants
These guidelines are for use by eligible applicants for FY23 funding.
FY22 Operating Support Grantees
- FY22 grantees in OSS Group 1 may apply for a new funding cycle using the application available July 1, 2021, due no later than
September 15, 2021December 13, 2021 (deadline extended).
- Note: Your FY21 Final Report deadline is still September 15, 2021.
- FY22 grantees in OSS Group 2 will continue their existing funding cycle in FY23. An FY23 grant contract will be issued upon approval of the grantee’s FY22 Final Report, due in August 2022.
- Organizations who are not FY22 operating support grantees may apply for FY23 operating support funding. The application will be available November 1, 2021; the submission deadline is December 13, 2021.
About This Grant
The purpose of this South Carolina Arts Commission (SCAC) grant is to help strengthen eligible organizations’ ability to bring ongoing arts experiences and services to individuals, communities, and other organizations throughout the state. This program is designed to be a simple way for organizations with annual arts budgets of $75,000 or less to apply for SCAC operating support funding. Eligible applicants range from emerging to established organizations. The grant provides two years of unrestricted support for basic operations related to these artistic functions: producing, service, presenting, and/or education.
Arts councils may also submit a separate application for subgranting of additional SCAC funds to local applicants.
How to Apply
PLEASE NOTE: You are urged to consider the Review Criteria (detailed in the “Review Process” section of these guidelines, under “After You Apply”) as you prepare your application materials. These criteria will be used to evaluate your application and determine the funding of your proposal.
Applications are accepted through our grants portal, which uses the Foundant platform.
New to Foundant? For frequently asked questions, registration instructions, and other helpful information, we highly recommend visiting the Grants Portal FAQ, before you begin working in the system.
(Available to FY22 OSS Group 1 grantees July 1, 2021; and to new applicants November 1, 2021.)
Not quite ready to apply? You can preview the application before you create an account or start an application.
After You Apply
- If you are seeking advisement before submitting an application, please contact Arts Industry Director La Ruchala Murphy (803.734.8762 | firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you have submitted an application, and/or you have a current grant, please contact the Grants Team (803.734.8695 | email@example.com).
We also highly recommend a visit to our Grants Coaching webpage, for
- New Grant Requirement: Moving from DUNS number to Unique Entity ID (UEI)
- open coaching calls for artists,
- category-specific information for grant applicants,
- monthly topic sessions, and
- opportunities for one-on-one assistance.
Missed a group call or session? Look for the “Video” link to access a recording of that presentation.