Operating Support for Small Organizations (OSS) Grants
The application deadline for FY24 funding has passed
To help strengthen small organizations' ability to bring ongoing arts experiences and services to individuals, communities, and other organizations throughout the state
S.C. nonprofit organizations & units of government with a total arts expense budget of $75,000 or less and at least one completed fiscal year of programming
Up to $5,000 per year
July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024
OSS Grantee Groups
Current Operating Support for Small Organizations (OSS) grantees have been split into two groups, to apply in alternate years. If you are a current OSS grantee and have not received your group number by email, please contact the Grants Team (803.734.8695 | email@example.com).
FY23 Operating Support grantees
- FY23 grantees in OSS Group 2 may apply for a new funding cycle.
FY23 grantees in OSS Group 1 will continue their existing funding cycle in FY24. An FY24 grant contract will be issued upon approval of the grantee’s FY23 Final Report, due in August 2023.
- Organizations who are not FY23 operating support grantees may apply for FY24 operating support funding. The application will be available November 15, 2022; the submission deadline is February 15, 2023.
Grant guidelines are subject to change until application opens.
About This Grant
To help strengthen eligible organizations’ ability to bring ongoing arts experiences and services to individuals, communities, and other organizations throughout the state. This program is designed to be a simple way for organizations with annual arts budgets of $75,000 or less to apply for SCAC operating support funding. Eligible applicants range from emerging to established organizations. The grant provides two (2) years of unrestricted support for basic operations related to these artistic functions:
- and/or education.
How to Apply
PLEASE NOTE: You are urged to consider the Review Criteria (detailed in the “Review Process” section of these guidelines, under “After You Apply”) as you prepare your application materials. These criteria will be used to evaluate your application and determine the funding of your proposal.
Applications are accepted through our grants portal, which uses the Foundant platform.
New to Foundant? For frequently asked questions, registration instructions, and other helpful information, we highly recommend visiting the Grants Portal FAQ, before you begin working in the system.
(Available to FY23 OSS Group 2 grantees and to new applicants November 15, 2022.)
Not quite ready to apply? You can preview the application before you create an account or start an application.
After You Apply
I’m Here to Help!
- If you are seeking advisement, please contact Arts Industry Director La Ruchala Murphy (803.734.8762 | firstname.lastname@example.org) before submitting an application.
- If you have submitted an application, and/or you have a current grant, please contact the Grants Team (803.734.8695 | email@example.com).
We also highly recommend a visit to our Grants Coaching webpage, for
- open coaching calls for artists,
- category-specific information for grant applicants,
- topic sessions, and
- opportunities for one-on-one assistance.
Missed a group call or session? Look for the video link to access a recording of that presentation.