|Search This Site|
Skip to Main Page Content
Be Driven by the Arts
Why Arts Matter
Arts in Education
Local Arts Agencies
Dates & Events
Arts & the Economy
Long Range Plan
Work by SC Artists
For Vacationers/ Visitors
Services & Programs
The South Carolina Arts Foundation
Established in 1972, the S.C. Arts Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to recognizing, encouraging and supporting the art and artists of South Carolina. Throughout its history, the SCAF has pursued creative ways to help the business community and private citizens contribute to a thriving arts community across the state. The organization is led by a diverse board of directors comprised of statewide business and civic leaders, artists, educators and others interested in supporting the rich variety of artistic expression found in the Palmetto State.
Contributions to the S.C. Arts Foundation are tax-deductible and may be made in memory of or in honor of a loved one or friend.
Online: use this button to make a secure credit card donation:
By mail: Complete this form and mail with your payment information.
The S.C. Arts Foundation welcomes gifts made through estate planning. Contact Rusty Sox, (803) 734-8696, for more information.
In addition to financial support, the S.C. Arts Foundation welcomes involvement from artists, volunteers, and leaders in the business, civic and arts communities. For information about getting involved, contact Rusty Sox, (803)734-8696.
With your support, the South Carolina Arts Foundation will continue to work to increase resources for the arts and artists and contribute
to a thriving arts community in South Carolina.
A strategic partnership
The SCAF has forged a strategic partnership with the S.C. Arts Commission,
the state's government arts agency, linking its mission to the Arts Commission's
goals of :
- Artist development
- Arts education
- Community development through the arts
While operating independently of one another, the partnership between these two key statewide organizations allows them to maximize resources and realize the greatest impact from programming and financial support statewide. Working with the S.C. Arts Commission, the SCAF has helped advance the arts in South Carolina in some significant ways:
- Funding artist training and development through Artist Fellowships.
- Designating proceeds from Driven by the Arts license plate sales to benefit in-school artist residencies and other arts education programs in schools and communities across the state.
- Purchasing new work for the State Art Collection - the state's growing collection of contemporary South Carolina visual art.
- Recognizing outstanding achievement in the arts through its support of the Elizabeth O'Neill Verner/Governor's Awards for the Arts.
- Providing exhibition and sales opportunities for South Carolina's visual artists with the Verner Art Sale.
- Giving the private and business communities an opportunity to support the statewide growth of the arts through tax-deductible contributions.