District Arts Support Grants
Intent to Apply deadline: February 15, 2023
Full application deadline (based upon Intent to Apply approval): March 28, 2023
To support school districts committed to implementing standards-based arts curricula and to making the arts an integral part of the basic curriculum and daily classroom instruction
Most S.C. school districts with a three-year arts education strategic plan and a part- or full-time district arts coordinator
Up to $25,000 per year for two (2) years
July 1, 2023–May 1, 2024 and July 1, 2024–May 1, 2025
About This Grant
This grant supports school districts committed to implementing standards-based arts curricula and making the arts an integral part of the basic curriculum and daily classroom instruction.
Note: For this grant program,
- “standards” refers to South Carolina’s 2017 College and Career Ready Standards for Visual and Performing Arts Proficiency, and
- arts disciplines are creative writing, dance, music, theatre, media arts, and visual art.
Grant guidelines are subject to change until application opens.
How to Apply
To apply for this grant, you must submit a Letter of Intent to Apply through the grants portal. For questions about this process contact the program director, K-12 Coordinator Amanda Noyes (803.734.8675 | email@example.com).
If the program director determines that your intended proposal meets the guideline requirements, you will receive an invitation and instructions for starting your grant application.
If You Are Invited to Apply
There will be a Zoom Coaching Call for approved applicants on March 9, 2023, from 3:30-4:30 p.m. ET.
The SCAC Grants Team and K-12 Coordinator Amanda Noyes will discuss:
- Grants Portal navigation when accessing, completing, and submitting the grant application
- Content and information needed for the FY24 District Arts Support grant application
- Lesson plans, reflection videos, and other required materials
A link to register for this coaching call will be included in an approval email from the Grants Portal (firstname.lastname@example.org). After registering, participants will receive a confirmation email with information about joining the meeting.
PLEASE NOTE: You are urged to consider the Review Criteria (detailed in the “Review Process” section of these guidelines, under “After You Apply”) as you prepare your application materials. These criteria will be used to evaluate your application and determine the funding of your proposal.
Applications are accepted through our grants portal, which uses the Foundant platform.
New to Foundant? For frequently asked questions, registration instructions, and other helpful information, we highly recommend visiting the Grants Portal FAQ, before you begin working in the system.
- As part of your application, you will upload lesson plans and provide links to lesson plan reflection videos and professional development impact videos. We strongly encourage you to prepare these materials, following the instructions provided here, before you visit the grants portal to begin your application.
After You Apply
I’m Here to Help!
- If you are seeking advisement, please contact K-12 Coordinator Amanda Noyes (803.734.8675 | email@example.com) before submitting an application.
- If you have submitted an application, and/or you have a current grant, please contact the Grants Team (803.734.8695 | firstname.lastname@example.org).
We also highly recommend a visit to our Grants Coaching webpage, for
- open coaching calls for artists,
- category-specific information for grant applicants,
- topic sessions, and
- opportunities for one-on-one assistance.
Missed a group call or session? Look for the video link to access a recording of that presentation.