Emerging Arts Leaders Grants
The application deadline for FY23 funding has passed
A leadership- and capacity-building initiative to strengthen and nurture emerging arts leaders and their organizations
Organizations with a budget of $500,000 or less whose executive leader has been in any executive role for less than five (5) years
Up to $2,500 ($1,500 for organization training and $1,000 for leader training)
January 1, 2023 – May 31, 2023
About this Grant
To strengthen and nurture emerging arts leaders and their organizations. This leadership-and capacity-building initiative will provide resources, training, and support for emerging leaders and the boards of arts nonprofits to build sustainability, capacity, equity, and partnerships in South Carolina.
- Support professional growth and leadership training in the arts.
- Strengthen the small organizations’ operational capacity.
- Develop and strengthen South Carolina’s Arts Industry workforce.
Grant guidelines are subject to change until application opens.
How to Apply
Applications are accepted through our grants portal, which uses the Foundant platform.
New to Foundant? For frequently asked questions, registration instructions, and other helpful information, we highly recommend visiting the Grants Portal FAQ, before you begin working in the system.
PLEASE NOTE: You are urged to consider the Review Criteria (detailed in the “Review Process” section of these guidelines, under “After You Apply”) as you prepare your application materials. These criteria will be used to evaluate your application and determine the funding of your proposal.
Not quite ready to apply? You can preview the application before you create an account or start an application.
After You Apply
I’m Here to Help!
- If you are seeking advisement, please contact Arts Industry Director La Ruchala Murphy (803.734.8762 | email@example.com) before submitting an application.
- If you have submitted an application, and/or you have a current grant, please contact the Grants Team (803.734.8695 | firstname.lastname@example.org).
We also highly recommend a visit to our Grants Coaching webpage, for
- open coaching calls for artists,
- category-specific information for grant applicants,
- topic sessions, and
- opportunities for one-on-one assistance.
Missed a group call or session? Look for the video link to access a recording of that presentation.