Artists’ Business Initiative Grants
Intent to Apply deadline: November 15, 2022
(Based upon Intent to Apply approval)
Full application deadline: March 15, 2023
To support artist-driven, arts-based business initiatives that provide career satisfaction & sustainability for South Carolina artists
Professional-caliber South Carolina working artists (individuals and collaboratives)
Up to $3,500 for a one-time business occurrence/single purchase; up to $5,000 for an ongoing business initiative
July 1, 2023 – December 31, 2024
About This Grant
Artists’ Business Initiative grants encourage and enable the creation, expansion, or modification of artist-driven, arts-based business initiatives that will provide career satisfaction and sustainability for South Carolina artists.
South Carolina artists (individuals and collaboratives) may use ABI funding to help launch a new arts-based business initiative (or significantly alter an existing initiative) that will operate in an ongoing manner, or to help execute a temporary business initiative (a one-time occurrence or single purchase) that will provide career satisfaction and sustainability. An ongoing business initiative may be awarded up to $5,000. A one-time occurrence/single purchase may be awarded up to $3,500.
Grant guidelines are subject to change.
How to Apply
Applications are accepted through our grants portal, which uses the Foundant platform.
New to Foundant? For frequently asked questions, registration instructions, and other helpful information, we highly recommend visiting the Grants Portal FAQ, before you begin working in the system.
PLEASE NOTE: You are urged to consider the Review Criteria (detailed in the “Review Process” section of these guidelines, under “After You Apply”) as you prepare your application materials. These criteria will be used to evaluate your application and determine the funding of your proposal.
After You Apply
I’m Here to Help!
- If you are seeking advisement before submitting an application, please contact Deputy Director Ce Scott-Fitts (803.734.8203 | firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you have submitted an application, and/or you have a current grant, please contact the Grants Team (803.734.8695 | email@example.com).
We also highly recommend a visit to our Grants Coaching webpage, for
- New Grant Requirement: Moving from DUNS number to Unique Entity ID (UEI)
- open coaching calls for artists,
- category-specific information for grant applicants,
- monthly topic sessions, and
- opportunities for one-on-one assistance.
Missed a group call or session? Look for the “Video” link to access a recording of that presentation.