|Search This Site >>
Skip to Main Page Content
Be Driven by the Arts
The Elizabeth O'Neill Verner Awards
The South Carolina Arts Commission Board announces the 2012 Elizabeth O’Neill Verner Governor’s Awards for the Arts, the highest honor the state presents in the arts. Established in 1972, the annual awards recognize outstanding achievement and contributions to the arts in South Carolina.
This year’s recipients are:
- Artist: Robert Ariail, Camden
- Arts in Education: R. Scot Hockman, Columbia
- Business/Foundation: The Self Family Foundation, Greenwood
- Individual: Sam Wang, Clemson
- Organization: The Halsey Institute of Contemporary Art, with special recognition for Mark Sloan, Charleston
- Lifetime Achievement: Lillian Quackenbush, Columbia
The 2012 Verner Awards are sponsored by Colonial Life.