|Search This Site >>
Skip to Main Page Content
Be Driven by the Arts
Why Arts Matter
Arts in Education
Local Arts Agencies
Dates & Events
Arts & the Economy
Long Range Plan
Work by SC Artists
For Vacationers/ Visitors
Services & Programs
Roster of Approved Artists
These are the required segments of your application:
- OSCAR online application
- Printed copy of confirmation page, and work samples, to be mailed to the SCAC
- Letter of sponsorship from a school or organization receiving funds from either an Arts Commission AIE program or the S.C. Department of Education
- If you are applying for Traditional Arts designation, you must also submit a required supplemental form (Microsoft Word document).
Your OSCAR Application
- Using the internet, go to culturegrants-sc.org
- Choose "Begin Here" to create an OSCAR account
- Fill out your basic information, after which you will be assigned a username and password
- Proceed to the Profile section
- In the section for "stage name," please enter your actual name
- When complete, click "save profile information"
- Go to "Applications", and fill in mandatory fields
- You may submit your resume on this page by uploading it from your hard drive, or you may send a hard copy of your resume to the SCAC along with your support materials.
- When you have completed the page, save your work using the button at the bottom of the page, and then click to go to the next section
- The next page concerns work samples. This is where you will add the letter from the school or district that is sponsoring your application.
- The letter of recommendation and support must be printed on school letterhead and must have original signatures from the sponsoring teacher and the principal of the school. You may convert the letter to a PDF file and upload and attach it to your online application, or mail the original with your hard copy application materials. If you choose to mail the original, you must still complete a document submission page for the letter. Be sure to keep a photocopy for your records.
- Next, review the directions for submitting visual artwork samples. After reviewing the directions, choose the button labeled "Images."
- On the "Image Management," page, you may upload your work samples (up to eight of them), or you may simply enter in the information pertaining to each work sample slide you plan to mail to the SCAC for review. Please be aware that your only two options for submitting work samples are digital images or slides.
- Choose "Click to Add Image," even if you are only entering information about a slide you will mail to the SCAC.
- Fill out pertinent information on the "Image Sample Form"
- After entering the information and submitting the sample, choose the "add image," button and add each of your remaining samples.
- Once you have entered all of your samples, save your work using the button at the bottom of the page, and then choose "Applications" from the left hand column.
- Choose your roster application from the list of choices. When it opens, click "Work Samples" in the left hand column.
- In "Work Samples," be sure to select your images by clicking the box in each sample’s information section; also select your sponsor letter.
- Move forward to the certification page. Review the certification and mark the check box.
- Move forward to the "Submit" page. Carefully review this page and complete its instructions (when reviewing your application, do not be concerned with the "sales price" information.) When complete, check the box to submit the online portion of your roster application.
- After submitting, you will receive confirmation, both onscreen and via email, acknowledging that your application is submitted. The final step in the application process is printing this confirmation page and mailing it, with your support materials to the SCAC.
Your Work Samples and Supporting Materials
- Printed copy of the confirmation page
- Resume, if you did not upload it on your online application
- Letter from sponsor school.
- Two sets of eight 35 mm transparencies, one slide per work, separately sleeved and numbered 1 through 8 to correspond with the work samples list in your online application. Slides may also be submitted digitally on a CD formatted for PCs.
- Work should have been created within the past five years. Do not use glass mounts or gummed labels.
- Self-addressed, stamped envelope (SASE) for return of slides and support materials, if rejected.
The SC Arts Commission will discard material sent without SASE. If accepted, application materials will be placed on file at the SC Arts Commission.