|Search This Site >>
Skip to Main Page Content
Be Driven by the Arts
Why Arts Matter
Arts in Education
Local Arts Agencies
Dates & Events
Arts & the Economy
Long Range Plan
Work by SC Artists
For Vacationers/ Visitors
Services & Programs
Readiness, Response, & Recovery For Arts Professionals
Being prepared for any type of emergency, whether it's a hurricane, an epidemic, or a manmade disaster, means having a plan BEFORE a crisis strikes. Use these preparedness and recovery tools to create a disaster plan that will help you or your organization function during an emergency and recover afterwards.
ArtsReady is South Arts' online subscription- based tool, designed to help arts and cultural organizations develop readiness and response plans and position themselves to get back to business as quickly as possible in the event of natural or man-made emergencies.
The S.C. Arts Commission has partnered with South Arts to offer arts groups in S.C. subsidized access to ArtsReady. We are looking for arts groups who are ready to do this planning to be our partners in the project.
To participate, you must
- be a current General Operating Support grantee,
- commit to completing the planning process in the first year of the subscription, and
- provide feedback on the ArtsReady tool to be used in making future improvements or enhancements.
For more information, contact Rusty Sox (803-734-8899).
Flu Planning and Prevention
- S. C. Department of Health and Environmental Control's Guidance for Business and Employers - Get the facts about flu in S.C.
- Centers for Disease Control's Guidance for Businesses and Employers To Plan and Respond to the 2009-2010 Influenza Season
- U. S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Creating a Disaster Plan
- Ready.gov - step-by-step guidelines
- Download the sample Business Emergency Plan (PDF)
- South Carolina Emergency Management Division
- SCE&G Storm Emergency Kit Checklist (PDF)
- National Hurricane Center
- from ArtsReady: Top 10 Things You Can Do Now, to be More Prepared for A Disruption to Your Work
- NEA Publication: Before and After Disasters: Federal Funding for Cultural Institutions (PDF)
- Heritage Emergency National Task Force
- Northeast Document Conservation Center (NEDCC) Disaster Assistance Resources
Relief and Recovery
- South Arts Recovery Resources for Artists and Arts Organizations
- FEMA Hurricane Information
- SCORE Disaster Prep and Relief
- Craft Emergency Relief Fund
Do you have a disaster plan that you're willing to share? Have you found additional emergency preparedness resources that might help other artists or organizations? If so, please contact Rusty Sox, (803) 734-8899.