|Search This Site >>
Skip to Main Page Content
Be Driven by the Arts
Why Arts Matter
Arts in Education
Local Arts Agencies
Dates & Events
Arts & the Economy
Long Range Plan
Work by SC Artists
For Vacationers/ Visitors
Services & Programs
Roster of Approved Artists
OSCAR For the Roster -
Frequently Asked Questions/Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting Tip #1: Make Sure You're On the Right WebsiteNote: There are two active OSCAR systems. OSCAR for the Roster is located at culturegrants-sc.org. If you have reached "scac.culturegrants.org" you are in the granting system and will not be able to access Roster content.
Troubleshooting Tip #2: General Rule of Thumb
You should restart your computer after any system options modification, like changing your security settings or disabling firewalls. If your computer at work/school does not allow system modifications try a friend's computer or your computer at home.
If the suggestions on this page do not resolve your problem, please contact your coordinator.
Frequently Asked Questions/FAQ
What are the browser minimum requirements?
Internet Explorer 5.0 or better
Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or better
You will also need Adobe Acrobat 7.0 or better
Which entry point on the OSCAR Welcome page do I need to use?
Read about How to Register and Log In >>
I’ve forgotten my username and password.
Request a login reminder at http://www.culturegrants-sc.org, the main page of the OSCAR system. In the center of the page ("Forgot your Username or Password?"), enter the e-mail address you used in your profile. Click "E-mail my log in information" and it will be sent to this email address.
I can login, but when I click into an internal page I get an authentication error.
This error can be caused by a number of things. Try the following steps to resolve the problem:
- First, make sure that your browser is cookie-enabled.
- Secondly, create an exception or disable your firewall setting or anti-virus software setting to allow access to the OSCAR system. If you are connected to a network (work or school) you must contact the network administrator to lower the setting or use an outside-of-network computer.
- Lastly, check that your operating system is updated.
Update your Microsoft operating system >>
I am entering my username and password correctly, but I still get an authentication error when attempting to login.
- First, be sure that your entry for the username and password do not contain any extra spaces. Copying and pasting a username and password into the fields can sometimes input an extra space at the beginning or end of the field.
- Once you have ensured that you are entering your correct username and password, try deleting any temporary or cached files.
- Make sure browser cookies are enabled.
- Try lowering your browser's security settings to medium or low.
- Disable firewall settings.
- Make sure your operating system is updated.
Update your Microsoft operating system >>
I am on a MAC using Safari. When I enter data and click update, my data is lost or displays old content.
- First empty cached files. Choose Empty Cache from the Safari menu, then click Empty.
- You could also try Reset Safari (clears cookies, cache and history).
- If that doesn’t work, Safari may not have the latest update for your operating system. Visit http://www.apple.com/support/ and click on the Downloads link. Search for Safari and download the correct update for your operating system.
- The other option is to use a different browser like Firefox.
I cannot get the PDF to open, print or display content.
- Firewalls and popup blockers can interfere with the download of PDFs. Be sure your system security settings allow you to download PDF files from http://www.culturegrants-sc.org.
- Try deleting cookies and/or temporary internet files, then try again.
- Do you have the latest Adobe Acrobat reader? If not, download the latest version.
I keep timing out of my session with OSCAR.
OSCAR allows a user to be active within the system for 24 hours. After 24 hours, your session in OSCAR will time-out which means you are no longer connected to the OSCAR system. If you have timed out before the 24 hour period, it could be caused by your internet service provider (ISP), especially if you are on dial-up connection. ISPs have an idle-timeout and will end a user session when there is no activity. You should save your work frequently to ensure your data is collected in the system. If you have large amounts of text to enter, you should compose your data in a word editing program and then use the copy/paste feature to add the text to your online application form. Always save your work and be sure to click the save button before you exit OSCAR.
How do I make my images 1920 X 1920 pixels?
Read the detailed guidelines for making your images 1920 X 1920 pixels. You will need to log in to OSCAR for the Roster to read these guidelines.
I am not sure what information the Arts Commission is looking for with a particular question.
Please contact your coordinator.
I clicked "Report a Bug" and sent an OSCAR Bug Report, but I didn't get a response.
The "Report a Bug" feature is currently malfunctioning, for which we apologize. Please contact your coordinator to report the problem.
I am having technical difficulties.
Please contact your coordinator with the following information:
- A description of your problem, including the page you are on. (Not sure what page you are on? Look at the top of the page in the page title bar, or look on the left navigation for the highlighted link.)
Example: I am on Profile Page 2 - Contacts, and when I click "Save and Continue," nothing happens.
- Your name
- Your web browser and version
- Your operating system and version
Truly Techy Stuff
How to delete cookies
How to disable pop-up blockers
How to enable Java
How to disable firewall settings
If you need to update your browser, or download a different one: