|Search This Site >>
Skip to Main Page Content
Be Driven by the Arts
Why Arts Matter
Arts in Education
Local Arts Agencies
Dates & Events
Arts & the Economy
Long Range Plan
Work by SC Artists
For Vacationers/ Visitors
Services & Programs
S.C. Arts Commission Arts in Education Grants
What is a TSI grant?
TSI grants help arts teachers acquire the supplies, materials, professional development, or other tools/expertise needed to meet South Carolina’s 2017 College and Career Ready Standards for Visual and Performing Arts Proficiency.
Who can get one?
Arts teachers at most public, private, or charter schools in South Carolina (except ABC Schools) are eligible.
How much could I get?
Eligible schools may apply for two-thirds of the project’s expenses, up to $750. Eligible Title 1 Schools may apply for the full cost of their project, up to $750.
When is the deadline to apply?
At least six weeks before the project begins or the supply is purchased.
How do I apply?
- Read the grant guidelines carefully.
- Contact your county coordinator if you have questions or want to discuss your project idea.
- Complete and submit your online application.
How and when will I find out if I've been funded?
If your application is approved you will receive notification via email within four weeks of submission.
If I get a TSI grant, what will I need to do?
- Sign a contract and complete other online documents.
- Meet the required deadlines and keep good records.
- Credit your funders, and communicate with your state legislators.
- Participate in assessments if we ask.
- Let us know if anything changes.
- Complete your project and report on how it went.
If I have questions, who can help?
If you have questions, please contact your county coordinator.
Last updated: 6/25/18