|Search This Site >>
Skip to Main Page Content
Be Driven by the Arts
A Long Range Plan for the Arts in
- a piece of cloth backed or framed as a surface for a painting; also, the painting on such a surface.
- the background, setting, or scope of an historical or fictional account or narrative.
- to examine carefully or discuss thoroughly; scrutinize.
- to go through (a region) or to go to (persons) to solicit votes, orders, support, or to determine opinions or sentiments.
the act or instance of canvassing; especially a personal solicitation of votes or survey of public opinion.
The process for including a diverse range of South Carolinians in the creation of this plan is called the Canvas of the People. It is a unique, comprehensive statewide planning process designed to help the Arts Commission assess the state's artistic and cultural needs, share ideas, set priorities for future programming, develop arts networks throughout the state and build support for the arts in South Carolina.
The 2010 Canvas is the sixth to be conducted by the SCAC. Similar Canvases were conducted in 1980, 1984, 1987, 1992, and 2001.
The Canvas of the People
Here's what we've heard so far:
- Summary of all public comments
- Columbia public forum
- Beaufort public forum
- Greenville public forum
- Arts Alliance Board meeting
- Hartsville public forum
- Aiken public forum
- North Charleston public forum
- Spartanburg public forum