|Search This Site >>
Skip to Main Page Content
Be Driven by the Arts
Why Arts Matter
Arts in Education
Local Arts Agencies
Dates & Events
Arts & the Economy
Long Range Plan
Work by SC Artists
For Vacationers/ Visitors
Services & Programs
S.C. Arts Commission 50th Anniversary Celebration
Calendar of Events
- April 6: Midlands Kick-Off Event – April Showers, Columbia
- May 2: 50th Anniversary South Carolina Arts Awards Luncheon
Find out more & reserve tickets >>
- May 12-14: Upstate Kick-Off Event at Artisphere, Greenville’s annual signature event that celebrates the arts and the area’s rich international and multi-cultural flair. Visit our tent and join the celebration with family-friendly activities. Bring your creativity and take part in a coloring contest for all ages, plus meet Arts Foundation members and Arts Commission staff. Find out how the Arts Commission's work benefits your community!
- June 3: Lowcountry Kick-Off Event – Open House at the Gaillard Center during Spoleto Festival USA in Charleston, internationally recognized as America’s premier performing arts festival.
July 2017 – June 2018
- Fellows Exhibitions and Showcases – Since 1976, the South Carolina Arts Commission’s Fellowship program has recognized the artistic achievements of South Carolina's exceptional individual artists. Fellows are among the most artistically accomplished artists in the state.
Fellowship exhibitions and showcases will present works that have never been exhibited or performed together.
- Visual and Craft Exhibitions – exhibitions celebrating Visual Arts & Craft Fellows at 15 venues around the state – plans to be announced.
- November 3: Performing Arts – an event celebrating Fellows at Coastal Carolina University
- Literary Arts – partnering with a leading S.C. literary organization to present literary Fellows – plans to be announced.
- Media Arts – a screening of Media Fellows – plans to be announced.
- Celebration of Celebrations Statewide Arts Events – Artists, arts organizations, schools and citizens around the state will take part in 50th Anniversary celebrations in their communities.
- Sept. 14-15: Statewide Arts Conference – arts professionals and artists will celebrate the 50th Anniversary at this biennial conference offering professional development and networking opportunities
- Beginning Sept. 14: State Art Collection Exhibition – established in 1967, the State Art Collection is one of the first programs of the S.C. Arts Commission. This multi-media collection of works by contemporary South Carolina artists is co-sponsored by the S.C. State Museum.
- S.C. Arts Advocacy Day & Legislative Appreciation Luncheon – arts advocates will convene with legislators at the State House to share the impact of public funding for the arts. Legislators will celebrate the 50th Anniversary at the luncheon and will be recognized for their support.
- Anniversary Grand Finale in Greenville